1.23.2008

The Dior Pouf

Oooh so the bubble hem isn't dead! At least according to John Galliano for the Christian Dior Spring 08 couture show. Evidently, it appears to be the year of the poufy skirt, billowing in voluminous sheaths of satins. This bout sixties excess is all the more apt with the eyecatching symbolist designs reminiscent of Gustav Klimt. Editorial-friendly, It's the typico Galliano faire, with vibrant shocks of color, pounds of glittery eye makeup, courtesy of the wonderous Pat McGrath, and finger in the socket/tight updos, which he said was inspired by Vreeland. And I wouldn't mind teetering on those delectable magenta pumps, ooers. God knows I could use those extra 6 inches of height.

Is it just me, or is Chanel Iman looking a little more gaunt than usual?

Sequins never looked so appetizing.

A cougar's dream couture dress, sigh

Photos-style.com

12 comments:

K said...

Galliano is such a genius! And I've got to say I love the couture poses- the hands on waist hunched posture is winning!

K. said...

Galliano is such a genius! And I love the quintessential couture pose- that hunched back and hands on waist sort of affair!

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I loved this collection entirely... I think there is an OVER-abundance of everything that is looking a little tired.... relevant couture is what I'm after...

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this show, that last dress is my favorite actually.

meliindaa. said...

everyones posting about these
i love the pouf! but when that style turns into "ready to wear" wouldnt it just turn into a bubble skirt?

love the blog

Siru said...

some a disasters and some dreams. Galliano is just such a conflicting persona.

juliet xxx

Bojana said...

EWWW? Chanel Iman looks DISGUSTING, to say the least.

But those dresses?? Fabulous. Galliano is my favorite.

A Black Tie Event said...

I really like the bubble skirt style, and I'm really loving that cheetah print dress.

Lauren said...

wonderful show! ill use those 6 inch heels too :P

riz said...

I agree with Susie...AND you. What IS up with Chanel Iman???!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Chanel does look quite gaunt, hopefully she will get a bit better once fashion week is over--she's such a lovely and young girl. Galliano definitely likes extremes. Major bubble hems here and ones I actually like!

Q said...

Chanel Iman gaunt? Her picture is in the dictionary for this word, so no need to actually point it out anymore.